Laserowe Love Watermelon Friendship Pocket Card with RRR Watermelon Plaid Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Don’t you just love it when you find just the right ribbon to finish off a card? This Watermelon Plaid Ribbon could not be a more perfect match for this Laserowe Love Watermelon Friendship Pocket Card.
This 5 1/2″ square top fold card is a real slice of summer fun. Here’s how it came together:
- First, cut a 5 1/2″ x 11 panel from Gumdrop Green cardstock. Score in half on the long side and fold to make a top fold card base.
- Next, cut a 5 1/4″ panel from Ripe Raspberry Cardstock. Center and adhere over the Gumdrop Green.
- Now, cut a 5″ panel from the Laserowe Love Watermelon Summer paper. Center and adhere over the Ripe Raspberry.
- Cut a 2″ belly band from the text pattern from Watermelon Friends. Double mat on both Ripe Raspberry and Gumdrop Green. Adhere in the center of the card.
- Add a doily in the center of the belly band.
- Now fussy cut the best friends from a small tag. Save the top half of the tag to tuck in as a design feature.
- Fussy Cut the large ice cream cone tag from the collection. Double mat and adhere on the left hand side of the card. Tuck the fussy cut friends in on the right hand side of the tag and the tag top on the left.
Watermelon Friendship Pocket Card: Finishing Touches
To finish this card front off in style follow these steps:
- First, top the ice cream tag with ribbon, burlap string and a little ice cream cone charm. I’m not sure where this charm came from. I’ve had it in my stash forever.
- Fussy cut the banner, back with foam adhesive and adhere along the top edge of the card.
- The tie 1″ burlap string bows for the corners of the banner. Top with bitty black buttons.
- Tie a 2 1/2″ double loop bow with the Watermelon Plaid ribbon. Hot glue in the lower right hand corner of the tag. Top with pink flowers.
- Finally, run ribbon scraps through the legs of a paperclip and top with a small flower. Add buttons.
Watermelon Friendship Pocket Card: A Peek Inside
Mat the inside of the card with more Ripe Raspberry cardstock. Then top with panels of designer paper.
TIP: Create a quick and easy tag pocket by cutting a 5″ x 7 1/2″ panel for the bottom of the card. Score this on the long side at 5. Use an oval die to cut a pocket opening. Fold the 2 1/2″ flap up and adhere the sides to form a pocket.
This is such a quick and easy card to make. You could easily adapt this “recipe” to work with any collection you have in your stash.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon 5/8″ Watermelon Plaid Ribbon
- Pink Burlap String
- Laserowe Love Watermelon Summer, Watermelon Friends Paper Collections
- Buttons Galore After Dinner Novelty Buttons
- Gum Drop Green and Ripe Raspberry Cardstock
- Pink Button, Pink Flowers and Ice Cream Cone charm from my stash
Kathy Love the watermelon friends card and the earlier watermelon summer posting. Where can I purchase either sets of paper? Kathy T
Oh how cute!
Oh, how cute. I have always had a thing for watermelon images (like berries, too!). This is so cute. You even had some ribbon that is perfect. NICE JOB
What a fun summertime card! The friends on the tag make me smile. And ice cream is my weakness… My best friend from Raleigh was in for a visit this weekend, and I told her all about you and what an inspiration you are! She isn’t a crafter, and was amazed when I showed her some of my creations. I said, “You should see what Kathy Clement comes up with!” True story. Hugs from Kentucky.
This card is soooo cute and love the ribbon with it – perfect fit!!
Beautiful Kathy! I love how you use the ribbons.
You’ve got a “wow” card here, Kathy. The elements all come together to make it such fun to see…and I love that watermelon ribbon! tfs (and Happy “belated” Birthday)
Adorable and fun, Kathy! Love all of the bright colors and design. The RRR bow is just awesome. Very “out of the box” for you, but you nailed it!!
Kathy, how precious! Of course I love the pink and green combo of colors and that ribbon is a fantastic match. It really accentuates the card so beautifully. What a perfect Summer/friendship card. I LOVE the image of the girls and their heart shaped glasses. And for some reason I now want some watermelon and ice cream! LOL Thank you for sharing this sweet card! Hugs!
Such a beautiful card! Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial.
This friendship card is as cute as can be! And yes this RRR just goes so perfectly! Just luv these colors together! Don’t know how in the world you can think up so many amazing ideas! Thanks for sharing! P. S. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, my friend!!! Big Big hugs, Suzy Q