Really Reasonable Ribbon December Blog Hop: Snowman Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Don’t you just love this Snowman Shaker Card? It’s my inspiration piece for the Really Reasonable Ribbon December Blog Hop. Welcome to the hop! You should be coming here from Ginny’s gorgeous blog. The Winter Woodland Ribbon Assortment is extra gorgeous this month. I liked them all so much that I ended up using three selections on this sweet Snowman Shaker Card. Take a peek:
Would You Like to Build a Snowman Shaker Card?
This 5″ x 7″ top fold shaker card is basically one layer of Stamperia’s Classic Christmas paper layered with ribbons and topped with a Reneabouquets Snowflake Frame and Beautiful Board. Here’s how to build the card front:
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from kraft cardstock.
- Then machine stitch a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of Stamperia paper to a slightly larger panel of deep red cardstock.
- Place 1/2″ Scor-tape along the bottom edge of this panel, then adhere Sherry Diamond Satin Ribbon over it.
- Next, place a 1/4″ strip of Scor-tape in the center of the Sherry Diamond Satin Ribbon and adhere a strip of the 3/8″ Bird Print Satin over it.
- Now heat emboss the Reneabouquets Decorative Snowflake Frame with WOW! Dazzling Diamonds Embossing Powder.
- Then die cut a circle from clear cardstock and adhere to the back of the frame.
- Next, place 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips on the back of the frame.
- Place your sequin mix in the area where you plan to adhere the frame. Then remove the tape liner and press the frame in place.
- Place foam tape on the back of Jack’s Snowman Beautiful Board and adhere to the shaker frame.
The Bow Cluster
Use your Zutter Bow-it-All Tool to tie a 3″ double loop bow from Sherry Diamond Satin Ribbon. Adhere in the left hand corner of the snowflake frame. Tie jingle bells together with White Iridescent Metallic string and adhere to the knot of the bow. Then tie a double loop bow with the string and adhere over it. Top with a poinsettia and holly leaves.
Finish the card by adhering a chipboard sentiment over the ribbon border. Then adhere flat back pearls around the snowflake frame.
A Peek Inside
I was on the tail end of this pretty paper collection, so I had to do some creative paper piecing inside this card. This led to a new style of pocket on the top and a layered pocket flap on the bottom.
Here’s a look at the goodies inside this pretty card.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Cheryl has in store for you. Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop, then pop on over to the RRR Blog to answer Bonnie’s question of the month. One lucky comment will be randomly chosen to receive a free Winter Woodland Ribbon Club Assortment.
If you’re not a member of the Ribbon Club yet, now is a great time to join. You’ll receive your very own monthly Ribbon Club assortment each month. It’s like getting a Christmas present in the mail every month of the year. Find out how to sign up HERE.
I hope I shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping by!
- Winter Woodland Ribbon Club Assortment
- Zutter Bow-it-All Tool
- White Iridescent Metallic String
- Stamperia Classic Christmas Paper Collection
- Sequin Mix
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/8″ Foam Tape
- WOW! Sparkling Diamonds Embossing Powder (out of stock but substitute THIS embossing powder)
- Bits and Bobs from my stash