The winner of this blog hop was chosen from my blog. Carla Hundley, Congrats on your win. Please contact Heartfelt Creations to claim your prize!
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop: How Ya Bean? Coffee Talk Card Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the December 2016 Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop! I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas holidays with your families and friends! If you have any last minute cards or gifts to make, this How Ya Bean? Coffee Talk Card tutorial might come in handy!
I just love the Coffee Talk Collection! It’s playful and whimsical and lots of fun to play with. Here’s how I created this 5×7 top fold card.
How ya Bean? Coffee Talk Card Tutorial
NOTE: I ink all my cut edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Create a 5×7 top fold card base from light blue cardstock.
- Cut a 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ panel of the brown text paper from Coffee Talk paper collection.
- Mat a 3.5″ x 5.75″ panel of coffee bean paper to light blue cardstock. Mat a second time on navy cardstock
- Repeat this process using the decorative panel from the paper collection.
- Glue onto card base as seen in photo.
- Cut a 5″ x 2″ strip of designer paper from dark blue pattern and mat onto light blue cardstock.
- Create a belly band by die cutting 2 looped borders (HC Border Essentials Die) from Navy Cardstock. Glue onto the back side of the prepared belly band. Glue in place in the center of the card.
- Die cut the sentiment circle from the pre-made card fronts. Glue onto a Spellbinder’s Lacy Circle Die.
- Use foam dimensionals to add the circle sentiment to the card, as seen above.
- Stamp Sun-Kissed Fleur onto light beige patterned designer paper. Heat emboss with clear powder and die cut with Sun-Kissed Fleur Die.
- Sponge Weathered Wood Distress Ink onto petals.
- Shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit using large ball stylus.
- Glue layers together. Add gumdrops to center of each flower.
- Spray with Mountain Mist Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
- Glue in place as seen in photo.
- Tie a double loop bow with Blue Mixed Confetti Dots Grosgrain Ribbon. Place a dot of hot glue under the flower petals and use the tip of your scissors to push the knot in place.
- Add Ivory Burlap String Bow.
- Tie a triple loop bow with Blue Topaz Taffeta Ribbon. Glue in place. Add button.
- Fussy Cut coffee cup from paper collection. Attach with foam dot. Add one small flower.
Checking out the details
Sun-Kissed Fleur look amazing with these fabulous ribbons!
I chose to add a pocket inside my card. Because, let’s face it…who doesn’t love a pocket card filled up with fun goodies?
The top half has been decorated with a cut out border, a card front, and a cute little sentiment tag.
The pocket inserts are cut from the paper collection and then mounted on kraft cardstock.
For extra fun, I wrote out the recipe for my favorite Sour Cream Coffee Cake. And what goes with coffee and coffee cake? Dark chocolate, of course!
December Alumni Hop Details…please read…new information below
The next blog on this hop is Emelia.
In case you get lost along the way, here’s a complete list of all the blogs in this hop:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Emelia ♥ Gloria ♥ Vicki ♥ Sarah ♥ Alissa ♥ Archana
Be sure to visit all the blogs on the hop, and leave a sweet comment behind. A random comment on a mystery blog will be chosen to receive a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations.
In order to better serve you, Heartfelt Creations has decided to move the Alumni Hop date to the last FRIDAY of each month. The hop will run from 8AM EST Friday until 11:59PM EST Monday.
The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page in the regular Heartfelt Creations Wednesday Blog post.
If you are the chosen winner, you will have 72 hours to claim your prize by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Add Winner of the December Alumni Hop to the subject line.
Thanks so much for hopping by!
This is so pretty!! Love the beautiful blue flowers. That bow is stunning!!
Thank you, Berina! I love to make flowers!
Simply gorgeous! I have this paper collection and I am going to use it in 2017.
Oh, goody, Varonica! It’s a wonderful collection and very fun to play with. Thanks for the sweet comment!
What a fabulous frilly delight! Both Inside and Out – I love the Joy cup and who doesn’t like chocolate and coffee??!! : )
Beautiful card! I just love the colors of blue and brown together. Great layering and gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing.
I love this card!!
(Also, I apologize if I have a duplicate post here, my computer is acting up and i can’t tell if my comment went through or not!)
Thanks for the lovely comment! When you say something twice, it means you really mean it, right?
Kathy, One of my resolutions for the new year is to do better keeping up with my e-mail. We’ll see how that goes. So here I am going through some of the e-mails as of late than I decided to keep and browse through once I’ve done some tidying up–my little treat for decluttering today. Well, what do I see but this beautiful card and a fabulous tutorial to boot! Another resolution is to actually follow some of these tutorials to see if I can even come close to making something as gorgeous! Now that doesn’t mean I’m running out to buy the new products, but you are certainly tempting me! This paper collection needs to get into my stash, because I am a coffee worshiper! Nothing fancy, just home brewed will do! My favorite detail on your well appointed card, of course, is your inside pocket–always a favorite of mine. But your color choices are fabulous! Love the blues against the neutrals!
A double bonus is a chance to win some of these awesome products, so here I go off to hop! I think I deserve it after a morning of decluttering, don’t you? Sending my wishes and prayers for you and your family to have a healthy, happy and for you, crafty New Year! Hugs!
Absolutely fabulous, Kathy! This is such a creative idea! I really want to try making one of these! Love the flowers and your amazing coloring!
Sammibug in Ohio
I LOVE all this gorgeous blue! Very pretty card with so many amazing details too!
Happy New Year!
Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tutorial 🙂 loved the flowers 🙂
Cheers and happy new year
I’m so glad to know you enjoyed the tutorial. I’m always happy for that kind of feedback. Thank you!
Gorgeous card! I love the color combo and the beautiful flowers! And I would love that piece of dark chocolate!
Coffee and chocolate- what else is there?
Hi Kathy! I’ll have a cup of coffee. Beautiful creation shared. With love
Love the colors in this card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us.
Very nice and detailed combo, love it.
So many wonderful elements to this card.
thanks for sharing
Happy New Year
So fabulous! That color combo is just stunning!
This is lovely…such talented artists
Love seeing the blue color- beautiful!!
How fun and beautiful
this is! Love the layers
and those flowers!! The
inside is awesome.
Carla from Utah
These are some of the nicest papers I have seen. The details are just great. I like the colors you chose for your card, and the bow. Thank you for showing us what can be done.
Hi, Brian! This is a wonderful collection. I played a small part in its development while I was on the Heartfelt Creations design team, so it makes me really happy to know that it is so well received! Thank you!
Super cute! I love the coffee collection too, it is fun to play with and create!
Who wouldn’t just love that? The blues and browns look gorgeous together, the images are wonderful, and it includes chocolate. YUM
OMG, Love this card! You can mail me one anytime….LOL It’s gorgeous!
Hi, Chris! Thanks for this great comment! So glad you liked the card. Now you can follow the tutorial and make one yourself! Hooray!
Beautiful card. I like the layers, flowers and bow and love that it is a pocket card and that you included a recipe and dark chocolate–my favorite.
This card was made for me. Coffee and dark chocolate–how sweet! I absolutely enjoy working with Heartfelt Creations products.
Absolutely gorgeous Kathy…I love this collection!