Choose Happy Slimline Shaker Card for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Today we’re going to Choose Happy with a Simple Stories Farmhouse Garden Slimline Shaker Card. Gorgeous aqua ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon June Ribbon Club are the perfect color match for this pretty botanical card.
Rows of Ribbon
If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time, you know how much I like to use ribbons as a border on a card. Here you can see that I’ve actually created rows of ribbon on each end of this 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ slimline card. On the right, Tropic Swiss Dots Satin makes the row of black buttons pop off the page.
Next, I built my own key embellishment with a large key and a bronze bee charm. First I rubbed the key with Little Birdie Patina Wax. Then it was the bee’s turn to get a vintage finish. Finally, I super glued the bee t the key to create my own custom embellishment.
The flower cluster on the left is backed by a double row of ribbon. First I attached Tropic Diamond Satin Ribbon with 1/2″ Scor-tape. To add another layer of interest, I attached Tropic Swiss Dot Satin with 1/4″ Scor-Tape. Next, tie a black burlap string bow to ground all those tropical hues. Brush flowers with more of the Patina Wax and adhere on top of the bow cluster. Finally, tap a resin keyhole with wax and tuck it into the bow arrangement.
The Shaker Window
Create the shaker window from one of the journal cards in the paper collection.
- First, use a craft knife to cut out the white center of the journal card. This is easiest when you cut from corner to opposite corner in each direction. Then you can get in with your scissors and neatly trim out all the white.
- Then adhere a panel of clear cardstock (acetate) to the back of the frame.
- Now add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape around the opening .
- When your background is ready, you simply place your shaker elements on the background, then adhere the frame on top. I built a little scene inside my window using the ephemera from the collection. Then I added a few Reneabouquets Tiny Treasures Butterflies to the shaker mix just for fun.
A Peek Inside
Did I forget to mention that this is a tea party in a box?
No chocolate in this tea party because the weather is just too hot to send chocolate through the mail. So I put in an extra pretty little spoon that my friend Sara Emily sent me in the mail.
I just love making these tea party in a box cards. They make the best little gifts!
Did I share some ideas and tips that you can use in your next craft adventure? I’d love to hear about it in the comment section below.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Simple Stories Vintage Farmhouse Garden Collection
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Reneabouquets Butterfly Kisses
- Clear Cardstock
- Buttons Galore Summer Nights Shaker Mix
- Key, Bee and Keyhole from my stash (I have no idea where these came from!)