Stamperia Winter Tales Upcycled Mini Album for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! This Throwback Thursday post is a little behind schedule, but I think you will forgive me once you see this Stamperia Winter Tales Upcycled Mini Album Tutorial. I’ve been burning the early dawn hours (because I can’t seem to stay awake past 9PM anymore) getting the videos and photos edited. Better late than never, right?
Last week, I shared a Stamperia Classic Christmas project with you all. I mentioned how I had altered the Graphic 45 Rectangle and Tag pocket by cutting out two signatures to make the album more manageable. Many of you asked me, “What will you do with the signatures you cut out?” So I thought it would be fun to upcycle them into a whole new album. And that is how this Throwback Thursday project came into being.
The end result is this 5 1/2″ x 7 1/2 album that celebrates winter blues, snow fairies, and the beauty of the last season of the year. My mind always goes to snow globes when I think of winter, so I had to feature this Reneabouquets Snow Globe shaker element on the front cover.
TIP: Add sparkle to the fussy cut fairy’s wings with a bit of Dries Clear Adhesive and Glitter. Brush flowers and paper edges with Stamperia Bright White Glamour Gel for a frosty finish.
Leave the spine uncovered, but paint it silver. It gives the album a hand-sewn binding look, which I happen to like. Add a ribbon closure to tie everything together neatly.
The tutorial and album tour show all the interactive features, so I won’t add a lot of commentary here. You can just enjoy the photos and refer to them as you make your album.
Basic Cutting Guide
For your convenience, here are the basic measurements I used to make my album.
- Blue Solid Liner Pages: 5 3/8″ x 7 3/8″
- Grey Liner Pages: 5 1/8″ x 7 1/8″
- Patterned Paper Page Liners: 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″
- 12×12 double page spreads: First, determine the portion of the image that you want to use. Then trim it to a height of 7 1/4″. Cut one side to a width of 5 1/8″. Then score the wider section of the page at 5 1/8″ and fold to form a flap.
- Pocket Pages: Cut the pocket to 5 3/8″ x 2 7/8″. Then score 1/2″ on sides and bottom. Fold and trim to make the pocket. The blue solid liner is 5 1/8″ x 2 7/8″. Cut the panel for the top of the page to measure 5 1/8″ x 4 3/8″. (The measurement given in the video is incorrect.)
- Hidden Pocket Page: First, create the pull out page with 4 1/4″ x 11″ grey solid paper. Score this at 4″ and fold. The liners are 4″ x 6 3/4″ and 4″ x 3 3/4″.
- Slash Pocket: 5 3/4″ x 5 1/8″ grey solid. Score 1/2″ on sides and bottom. Then cut the liner to measure 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″.
Stamperia Winter Tales Upcycled Mini Album Tutorial on YouTube
So that’s my Merry Christmas gift to all of you fabulous people! I hope you have as much fun with it as I did. You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Stamperia Winter Tales Collection
- Stamperia Blue Land 12×12 Pad
- New England 12×12 pad from Stamperia
- December Dream Sparkletz
- Mixed Earth Tone Magnolias
- Mixed Earth Tone Roses
- Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel
- 1/8″ foam strips
- 4 signatures cut from Graphic 45 Rectangle Tag and Pocket Album
- Graphic 45 Regular Tag Die
This album is so Winter DELICIOUS!! I love winter and my favorite colors are blues and this is just a wonderful Winterlicious capture of the season. Thank you so much Kathy!!
OMG, Kathy! What a breathtaking, magical card! The snow globe is out of this world beautiful with that pretty bird and those snowy shaker elements. And, oh my, the snow fairies are absolutely gorgeous. How lucky anyone would be to receive this amazing creation as a gift! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
this is so beautiful and cool looking…like a frosted wonderland
i love it
Love the papers, I LOVE Stamperia collections, I have a couple. Beautiful work Kathy!!!! Eye candy in every inch!
What a beautiful album this is Kathy. So much work goes into making one of these. But the end result is simply outstanding. I’m sorry if I have asked before, but do you have a full tutorial of the makings of an album like this? Like how to make the base pages and the top hidden pockets? Be well & TYFS
Hi Kathy, I too have this collection and have been waiting to see an album made by you. This is Beautiful! Can’t wait to start working on this. Thank you for all the tutorials and inspirations you share with us! Sending wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
Oh my.. thank you thank you thank you. I have this paper collection and have been waiting to make an album and I LOVE what you accomplished here. I am so grateful for your tutorials… as I said I KNOW the work involved in producing them and it is so appreciated. Once I am done with making Christmas gifts (I am a quilter, too and making lots of embroidered reading pillows) I will focus on this. Thank you again and it is simply gorgeous!!! Have a great day.