Heartfelt Creations September 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Rustic Sunflowers
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations September 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and finishes up over on the Heartfelt Creations Blog. and runs until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, September 27th, 2021.
At that time a randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card.
Winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, September 29, 2021. The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize by emailing email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the September 2021 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Sunflowers and fall seem to go together, don’t they? For my inspiration piece, I’ve created a 7″ x 5″ top fold card folio featuring the Rustic Sunflowers paper pad and dies. Here’s how to create the card base.
- First, trim an 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of chocolate brown cardstock to measure 7″ x 10 1/2″.
- Then score the long side of the cardstock at 5″, 5 1/2″ .
- Now fold along the score lines to create a top fold card with a 1/2″ spine.
- Next, line the inside of the card with patterned papers. (See photos below.)
- Create a box style pocket from a 9″ x 3″ panel of brown cardstock. Score two 1/2″ lines on sides and two 1/2″ lines on the bottom. Trim out the corners and fold to form the pocket. Then adhere it to the base of the card interior.
Making the Rustic Sunflowers
Whenever time is short, I like to die cut the flower layers from the paper pad instead of stamping and then die cutting. Half the work is already done for you! Here’s how I finished up the Rustic Sunflowers on this card.
- First, die cut one whole sheet of the printed sunflower layers from the Rustic Sunflower paper pad.
- Then shape the petal layers in the Rustic Sunflower Shaping Mold.
- Now use a sponge dauber to brush Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink lightly over the edges of the flower layers.
- Next, adhere 2 sunflower layers together, staggering the petals. Place each flower on a foam mat and press around the center of the flower.
- Now mist the finished flowers lightly with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle. (This mist is retired, but you can find new mica mists from Ranger Inks. I will link below.)
- Finally, fill the center of each sunflower with hot glue and immediately sprinkle with seed beads. Use a funnel tray to catch the beads so you don’t have a big mess to clean up.
Putting it all together
Now die cut the Elaborate Oval Frame Die twice: once from white cardstock and once from patterned paper. Adhere the two frames together to create strength. Back the center of the frame with 1/8″ foam tape
Next, cut the center from a card front and lightly distress the edges. Stamp a sentiment on the image and back it with foam tape. Then center it over the frame.
Cut and distress a 6 7/8″ x 4 7/8″ panel of patterned paper and adhere it to the card front. Then cut a 5″ x 4″ panel of the blue medallion pattern, back it with foam. Center and adhere over the first panel. Now adhere the frame in the center of the card front. Arrange your sunflowers around the base. Add brown plaid bows and burlap string bows to the corners. Embellish with Say it in Crystals swirls and little metal brads.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a peek at the inside of the card. Don’t you just love this paper collection?
The box pocket gives you the perfect place to tuck in a tea bag, chocolate, honey packet and silver spoon. Your pretty card just became a gift! When the treats have all been consumed, the pocket is a great place to store photos, recipe cards or other memorabilia.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what crafty inspiration the rest of the alumni team has prepared for you!
Kathy (YOU ARE HERE) ♥ Alissa ♥ Vicki ♥ Candy ♥ Amarilys ♥ Carole ♥ Emily ♥ Lisa ♥ Monica ♥ Oksana ♥ Heartfelt Creations Blog
Don’t forget to pop over to the Heartfelt Creations blog for a chance to win that 2nd $25 gift card! Enjoy the hop!
Thanks for stopping by!