This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen comment is Kathy B from my blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop: Tea Time Shaker Tea Pot
Hello, Friends! Grab a cuppa and join me as I share this sweet Tea Time Shaker Tea Pot Card. It’ s my inspiration piece for the Heartfelt Creations April 2020 Alumni Blog Hop.
The Alumni Team hops the last Friday of each month. The projects are always amazing, and you not only get to enjoy lots of paper pretties, but you have a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to Heartfelt Creations. All you have to do is hop along and leave a comment on each blog in the hop before 11:55 DST on Monday, April 27th, 2020. We’ll randomly choose one comment from a mystery blog to win the $25 Gift Certificate.
The winner will be announced at the top of this blog post, on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, April 29th. If you are the lucky winner, you can claim your prize by contacting email@example.com within 72 hours. Please write “Winner of the April Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email. You’ll find a complete list of the blogs in this hop below.
Tea Time Shaker Tea Pot
As a tea lover, I’m a huge fan of the Tea Time Collection from Heartfelt Creations. This 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ top fold card uses the large tea pot image as a shaker element. The best part is that I did not have to stamp a single image on this card. The Tea Time Paper Collection includes wonderful colored images that I can just die cut with the matching dies. No coloring required! This makes it super fast to put together a fabulous card. Because some times you have time to color…and sometimes you don’t!
Tea Time Shaker Card: Put it Together!
- First, cut out a 5″ x 7 1/4″ panel of designer paper from the Tea Time Collection.
- Next, double mat the image on both cream and pale pink cardstock. Cut each mat slightly larger than the previous panel.
- Then create a 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ card base from lavender cardstock. Score in a 1/2″ deep spine on either the top or the side to accommodate the inner box pocket.
- Now, die cut the large Intricate Swirl Frame from cream cardstock. Back with dimensionals and adhere to the designer paper panel.
- Next, die cut the tea pot, tea cups, flower swag and tea bag from the paper collection. Use the label die to cut a window in the tea pot.
- Then back the window with clear cardstock, add 3 layers of foam strips around the perimeter of the tea pot.
- Die cut a 2nd tea pot from patterned paper. Place sequins in the center of this panel.
- Now carefully align the shaker window tea pot over the patterned paper and adhere.
- Finally, add the die cut tea cups, flower swag and tea bag. Place dimensionals on the back of each element to add lots of depth to your finished card.
- Place dimensionals on the back of your shaker element and adhere to the card base.
Tea Time Shaker Tea Pot: The Details
Now for the fun part: adding all those lovely little details to finish off the card.
- First, die cut a second lid for the teapot. Adhere with pop up dots to create even more depth and dimension on your card.
- Next, stamp, color and die cut small Cherry Blossom Retreat Flowers. Place small stamens or TuTu Pink Prills in the center of each and scatter around the card.
- Then die cut some of the cheeky little birdies from Cherry Blossom Retreat. Use the large ball stylus in the Deluxe Flower Shaping Tool Kit to round out the center of their bodies. Then place them on the tea bag tag and the tea cups.
Finish the card front with ribbon and string bows. I did add Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear to the flower centers on the swag and the tea cups.
Tea Time Shaker Tea Pot: A Peek Inside
There’s a tea party waiting for you inside the card. How fun is that?
Wrap a tea bag, honey stick, cookie and chocolate up in some of the designer paper. Then tuck them inside the box pocket along with a sweet vintage silver spoon. Now you’ve turned this lovely card into a gift! I
If you’d like to see another Tea Time Creations, please click HERE.
On With the Hop!
Now it’s time to hop on over and see what Els has created for you this month. Here’s the complete list of Heartfelt Creations Alumni who are participating in the hop this month:
I hope I’ve shared some tips and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
You’ll find a linked supply list below.
Thanks for hopping!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Other Products